It has been a while since we have seen a plant take the US and global market by storm like kratom. More users are trying this tree for various purposes, so it doesn’t come as strange that capsules appear as an option to consume it. Here is everything that you should know about this herb, and whether you should give it a shot.
What Is Kratom?
Kratom is a tree that originates from Malaysia, Thailand, and the rest of Southeast Asia. The majority of alleged benefits come from the plant’s leaves, and its primary active alkaloid is Mitragynine. In the region from where it originates, people chew kratom leaves. However, users throughout the world prefer powder, capsules, tea, and other modes of administration.
Here is an overview of the potential health benefits of kratom:
- Pain relief – due to its analgesic characteristics, kratom leaves might act as a pain reliever regardless of the cause of the pain. The primary herb’s alkaloid interacts with the pain receptors and dulls them.
- Boost immunity – kratom leaves might have antioxidant properties, which is how they can help to fight oxidative stress and support immunity.
- Enhance energy – a low dose of kratom acts as a stimulant. That means it boosts blood flow, which results in an energy boost.
- Improved libido and stamina – thanks to the energy boost, you might expect enhanced sex drive and sexual stamina.
- Anxiety relief – whether you have problems with speaking in front of people, or general anxiety, kratom might have anxiolytic substances that can provide relief.
- Opioid recovery – kratom might lead to the user feeling the same effects as when consuming opioids, which is why it might assist during the recovery process.
- Managing diabetes – this plant is rich in alkaloids, which can assist in diabetes management. These alkaloids might help with regulating levels of glucose and insulin in your blood. As a result of that, it might stop large changes in blood sugar levels, and help to keep them under control.
What You Should Know About Kratom Capsules
Users throughout the world think capsules are the easiest way of taking medications, supplements, and other health-related products. That is the reason why kratom capsules are quickly becoming popular among consumers. It is a far more convenient way to measure the desired dosage and keep track of when and how much herb you consumed.
If you want to buy kratom, the good news is that various strains come in capsule form. Using them is as easy as it could get – all you need to do is to swallow a capsule with some water. When buying capsules, you usually buy a month-long supply, which means you don’t have to worry about your stack.
The important thing to note is the capsule size guide. Although it depends on the manufacturer, you will usually find one of these marks on the label:
- Two (2) – that capsule has 0.3 grams of kratom
- One (1) – a single tablet comes with 0.4 grams of the herb
- Zero (0) – each capsule will contain 0.5 grams of the plant
- Double-zero (00) – each tablet has 0.735 grams of kratom
- Triple-zero (000) – you will get a gram of kratom with each capsule
You should pick the desired strength based on your preference. However, if you are a beginner, it is always wise to go with the smallest size and work your way up if necessary.
Why You Should Choose Kratom Capsules
Take a look at several reasons why capsules are a better choice than alternative methods of administration:
- No flavor or scent – if you’ve ever tried kratom, you know that it has a specific smell and taste. It is something you either like or hate, although you might find a strain based on your preference. However, if you choose capsules, you can rest assured that they will come without any scent or flavor.
- No mess – using powder can easily cause spills, and leaves might also leave a mess behind. But with capsules, you don’t have to worry about that.
- High portability – this is also related to the mess as powder and leaves might spill easy. But capsules are conveniently packed to ensure hassle-free transfer.
- No preparation necessary – it can be tiring to mix the powder every time you use it. You might not have the time or will to do that, which is why capsules are the perfect alternative.
- Simple to swallow – the size of the capsule depends on the manufacturer. However, the important thing is that there is no powder, which makes it easy to swallow.
- Accurate dosing available – each capsule has a carefully calculated kratom dose, which makes it easy to know how much you consumed at each moment.
- Easy to store – forget about the storing requirements for kratom powder and leaves. All you need to do to preserve capsule freshness is to close the jar with the cap.
What You Should Consider When Choosing Kratom Capsules
Here are some things to pay attention to when purchasing kratom capsules:
- Stick to a reputable brand – read the label carefully and research the vendor to ensure they are reliable. You want high-quality kratom products because they have higher effectiveness.
- Price tag – capsules are not as affordable as powder. However, they last for long and are easy to use and store, which might make them a smart investment despite the price.
- They take longer to work – once you swallow a capsule, you need to wait for at least 30 (up to 120) minutes to experience the effects of the item.
- Gelatin – unfortunately, most manufacturers get their gelatin from animal sources. Only a few of them choose plant-based gelatin to keep their product vegan-friendly. If you are a vegetarian or vegan, that is something to consider when picking the desired item.
Apart from gelatin, you should consider other ingredients in kratom capsules. Ideally, it shouldn’t contain any artificial preservatives or additives. That way, you keep the capsule natural and free from substances that might affect your health negatively. If you stick to a reputable brand and choose wisely, this shouldn’t be a problem.