If you’ve never heard of microdosing CBD, you aren’t alone, but taking extremely small doses of the compound can have important benefits for your health. However, it’s important to know that the effects of very small doses of CBD differ from larger doses in some very important ways. Here are some of the most important things that you should know about CBD microdosing:
1. Low Doses Of CBD Can Have Stimulant-Like Effects
If you’re looking for a stimulant-like effect without the side effects of coffee or other stimulants, a low dose of CBD might be just what you’re looking for. Low doses of CBD can help to improve alertness, boost your mood, and help you to focus better. This can be excellent for school or work, and it can be beneficial for people with depression or anxiety as well.
2. Small Doses Of CBD Can Still Have Pain-Relieving Properties
If you are suffering from chronic or acute pain, a CBD microdose can still provide some benefits. Furthermore, microdoses of CBD will not cause a sedative-like effect, which makes them perfect for daytime use. However, if you are microdosing CBD, it’s best to use it only if your pain is relatively mild. That’s because microdoses of CBD will not provide the same level of pain relief as a full dose.
3. CBD Microdosing Can Help To Rebalance The Body
CBD acts as an adaptogen in the body, which means that it can help the body to restore homeostasis. This can be beneficial for a wide range of medical conditions, such as chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and other common ailments.
4. CBD Microdosing Is Good For People Who’ve Never Taken It Before
If you have never taken CBD before, microdosing is a great way to try it. That’s because it involves taking a very low dosage of the compound, which minimizes the risk of side effects. However, the side effects of CBD tend to be relatively mild, and most people find that they are limited to mild GI disturbances that diminish as one begins taking the compound regularly.
5. Full-Spectrum CBD Products Are Best For Microdosing
The reason why full-spectrum CBD products are best is the fact that these products contain all of the active compounds in the cannabis plant as opposed to being solely comprised of CBD. This ensures that your supplement will provide you with an exceptionally wide-ranging list of benefits. Here are compounds that you’ll also be taking if you choose a full-spectrum CBD product and their benefits:
- Full-spectrum products contain CBN, which is known to have effects that reduce anxiety.
- Full-spectrum CBD also has CBG, which has been shown to have possible anti-cancer properties.
- Full-spectrum CBD contains a wide range of terpenes, which have numerous important benefits for your health.
6. It’s Important To Understand What CBD Microdosing Is
CBD microdosing does not involve simply taking a low-dose. It involves taking a dose that’s generally not considered to be sufficient for many medical uses. In most cases, this is a dose of 2.5 to 5 milligrams. In general, microdoses of CBD are better as a tool for symptom prevention instead of symptom relief.
That’s because CBD in such limited doses generally does not have a sufficient impact on the body to result in the relief of significant symptoms that are caused by a medical condition. Here are some examples of when microdosing CBD may not be an appropriate option for you:
- If you suffer from serious pain, it’s typically better to take a full dose of CBD.
- It’s generally best to use larger doses of CBD for sleep issues, which is because this will maximize the sedative effects of the compound.
- If you have been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder, clinical depression, or another mental health issue, using microdoses of CBD may not be effective.
7. CBD Microdosing Can Help You To Recover From Vigorous Exercise
It’s common to be sore the day after exercising, and CBD can help to prevent and reduce this soreness. Not only can this lead to better workouts, but it can help you to stick to your routine. This can work wonders when it comes to improving your overall health.
8. You Can Take More Doses During The Day
If you take a microdose of CBD, it’s effective to spread your doses out throughout the day more evenly. This can help to maintain a steadier level of it in your system, which may even make the compound more effective.
How Can You Take CBD?
You can take CBD either orally, under the tongue, or vape it in order to experience systemic effects of the compound. However, you can also use CBD topically, but this won’t give you systemic effects. As a result, most people use one of the other three methods.