If you’re interested in taking CBD oil to help you to cope with the symptoms of your medical conditions, you’re going to need to know how much you should be taking. There can be a lot of conflicting information out there offering dosing tips for CBD, so how do you know how much is right for you? In general, taking CBD for pain vs CBD for sleep and insomnia may vary here are a few tips to get you started. With this in mind, here is some expert advice to help point you in the right direction.
Know The Guidelines
Although there are many elements to keep in mind about CBD dosage, there are some general guidelines that you can follow when it comes to how much to take for different conditions. It’s important to remember that these are for guidance only, so you may need more or less depending on your own tolerance, genetics and general state of health, but they’re a useful place to begin.
- General wellness and health – 2.5 to 15mg of CBD orally per day
- Chronic pain conditions – 2.5 to 20mg of CBD orally per day
- Sleep disorders – 40 to 160mg of CBD orally per day
When first starting out with taking CBD, you should begin with the smallest possible dosage. Your body will need some time to familiarize itself with this new substance, so start out small and work up until you’ve found the dose that brings you the relief you seek.
Check The CBD Content
Another factor which makes finding the right dose of CBD complicated is that there is a lot of variance in CBD content between one product and another. It’s always important to check the packaging to determine precisely how much CBD is in the product that you’re planning to take as it may not immediately be obvious. Many CBD products look very similar and there can be considerable variation in the dosage you’ll be getting. For example, one CBD tincture may contain 10mg of CBD in each dropper, while another, although it may look virtually identical, may contain 30mg in just half a dropper. Reading the labels is essential to make sure that you’re getting the dose you need.
Have Realistic Expectations
Although CBD can have a lot of beneficial effects on your health, it’s important to be aware that it isn’t a miracle treatment for all your ailments. CBD oil doesn’t have an instant effect – it takes time to show its benefits so it’s important to persevere with taking it for several weeks before deciding whether or not it’s working for you.
How To Take CBD
This is a basic dosing guide for CBD. Remember to adjust to suit your own needs:
- On the first day take one drop. If you experience no ill effects take two drops the next day. Maintain this dose for the first 3 to 4 weeks. This will give you sufficient time to see how it impacts on your symptoms.
- Remember to spread the drops evenly through the day. Take one when you get up and one before you go to bed.
- Remember that if you’re taking CBD in a tincture form you need to allow the drops to stay under your tongue for a minimum of 30 seconds before swallowing to allow for maximum absorption.
- If you find that you’re still experiencing symptoms, increase the number of drops you take slowly. Once you find the relief you seek, you know the right dose for you.
The good news is that, if you accidentally take too much CBD, you won’t suffer any ill effects. You can’t overdose on CBD, so there will be no negative consequences.
Seek Medical Advice
If you’re concerned about how much CBD oil to take to treat your condition, it’s always wise to seek professional medical advice. CBD has been shown to be very helpful in treating a wide range of symptoms from insomnia and anxiety to chronic pain, however getting the right dosage to suit your needs is key to finding the relief that you seek.