If you are new to cannabis products, you might find words like Indica, Sativa, THC, CBD, etc. slightly confusing. But before you spend your hard earned money on cannabis products, it’s of vital importance that you know what you are ordering, especially if you are investing in weed for medicinal purposes.
Nowadays, there are more areas legalizing the sale of weed than ever before. The consumption of marijuana has skyrocketed in recent years, and people from all walks of life are trying the controversial substance. However, even in areas where the sale of THC isn’t yet legalized, CBD products have been. So before you run out to your local dispensary and purchase the first product you find, you will want to know a little about THC and CBD first.
Cannabidol (also known as CBD) is a chemical that is found in the Sativa plant. There are several CBD chemicals found in each sativa plant. Unlike THC, CBD is not psychoactive, so it doesn’t have any mind altering properties, so users won’t get “high” after using it. There are several reasons why people purchase CBD products such as:
- Skin inflammation: There are several CBD creams and oils out there that help prevent and treat skin disorders like eczema.
- Anxiety in animals: Dogs and other animals can experience anxiety. There are many reasons why your pet might get anxious, especially after surgery, or when they seperate from their owner. There are plenty of CBD products available that can reduce feelings of anxiety your pet might be experiencing.
- Promote a quality sleep: Insomnia and other sleep disorders are common with people in today’s society. CBD is known to help people get a good night’s sleep.
- Pain relief: If you get migraines or intense headaches now and again, CBD can be used to treat the pain. Those who have chronic joint pain, or those suffering from arthritis can also benefit from using CBD.
- Stress: Stress is another problem many people face on a regular basis, especially during these unprecedented times. CBD can help relieve feelings of stress.
So, if you are looking for a substance that can help you with physiological and physical problems without getting high, CBD might be what you are looking for. Keep in mind that there are several CBD products out there, so it might be worthwhile asking the employees working at the store for advice. If you are already taking other prescription medicine you might want to speak with a trained medical professional before taking CBD.
Tetrahydrocannabinol is a psychotropic compound that is found in marijuana. This is the ingredient that makes cannabis users feel euphoric. This high feeling happens because the compound targets the cannabinoid receptors in the user’s brain. It can be an enjoyable feeling, and it has cognitive abilities. Lots of people get “the munchies” because the compound also triggers the hypothalamus area of the brain which sends a signal that makes you feel hungry.
Although a lot of cannabis consumers purchase THC products to get high, medical marijuana users buy the substance because of its medicinal properties. Here are a few examples:
- It can kill cancer cells: One of the reasons pro-cannabis campaigners believe the substance should be legalized throughout the globe is because THC can kill cancer cells. It can do so without harming or killing any other of the body’s good cells. Even the American government has recognized this fact, but yet it still remains illegal in many states.
- Pain Relief: Those suffering from chronic pain often use the substance to treat pain relief. People also use it as an inflammation reliever, as it is almost twenty times more powerful than aspirin. The compound has essential pain-relieving benefits that can help treat patients in terrible pain. It’s not surprising that cancer patients and those suffering from arthritis use THC products on a regular basis.
- Sleeping disorders: Indica plants produce flowers that can help those who have problems trying to fall asleep at night. Although a lot of folks still use prescription drugs to help them sleep, many worry about getting addicted to these drugs. Indica “buds” are often viewed as a safer alternative.
- Eating disorders: THC is known as an appetite stimulant, which is great for those wanting to put on a few pounds. However, it’s not just underweight people that can benefit from CBD as there are several mental and physical health issues that can affect a person’s appetite.
These are just a few of the many reasons THC products are so popular nowadays.
If you live in an area where the sale of cannabis products is legalized, you should have no problem finding both CBD and THC products. Even if there isn’t a physical dispensary close by, there are several online dispensaries selling a wide range of products that offer a CBD and THC Delivery service. This service is great, especially for those with underlying conditions during the ongoing pandemic.