Nowadays, many specialists come to the conclusion that there is a huge importance of yoga and meditation in the life of every student. Let’s see how this sacred practice can help during your studies.
The modern lifestyle of students is far from being healthy, stress-free, and enjoyable. Young people have to deal with a lot of things, such as regular classes, part-time jobs, exams, homework. It is difficult to spare time for relaxation or even sleeping regularly. That is why many students look for help and are ready to pay for essays or other college assignments which ask for in-depth research and time devotion.
Yoga and meditation have to be placed on the pedestal, if a student wants to achieve the overall development as a personality and not only a specialist in a chosen field. These two practices play an essential role and have to be added to the curriculum. Meditation and yoga will help students to improve their mental concentration and focus. B practising meditation, a young person will learn how to breathe long, deep, slow. Yoga will teach you how to make your body strong and flexible. Remember that yoga exercises without relaxation and meditation are just a fitness activity. Yoga is highly efficient in curing a lot of physical and mental problems, especially among students and teenagers. Teachers should motivate students to involve in yoga or sports, rather than in smartphones or video games. Usually, it is not a problem for a modern student to find the best apps for writers, and they should do the research to find apps for yoga and meditation.
The Practice of Yoga
Yoga is very popular these days, yet not many people can answer what it is. We would call it a sacred spiritual science of a person’s self-realization. Yoga comes from India and its origin dates back to more than five thousand years. According to Indian Sage named Patanjali, yoga is the process of spiritual development. Yoga consists of a lot of different asanas (postures) and pranayama (breathing exercises). If students start practising yoga regularly, they will learn how to control their senses, to concentrate, to meditate, and how to reach enlightenment.
We must admit that yoga has gained enormous popularity in the west. More and more young people want to increase awareness and look for a balanced lifestyle. We would recommend students to practise Hatha Yoga because it promotes health through physical exercise. Students need such exercises to make their bodies strong and healthy.
The Practice of Meditation
Meditation can help students to focus their minds on certain objects, ideas, and study activities. During important exams, a student will have a clear and calm state. Meditation can transform a student’s mind. Meditation will develop your concentration, clarity of mind, and emotional positivity to any kind of life situations and conditions. It is a chance for a student to see the true nature of things and be ready to enter the world of adults. By doing meditation, you will discover the main habits of your mind. Meditation is for those who are looking for a positive way of being.
What is the Role of Yoga and Meditation in a Life of Students?
As soon as a student starts practising yoga and meditation regularly, he or she will notice good results very soon. Many students suffer from depression and anxiety. Medication and yoga are beneficial to fight such health issues. Yoga is the key to your physical and mental health, while meditation will give you peace of mind and full control over your own body and life entirely.
What are the main benefits of such practices?
- Increased level of concentration – Students will get better grades, solve blood pressure issues, decrease absenteeism/tardiness, improve relations with family/friends/teachers, boost self-confidence, sleeping habits, relief from headache, and finally, you will become calm personality with a sharper mind.
- Weight under control – Many students have to deal with such health problems as obesity and as a result uneasiness in breathing. Such issues are connected to weight management. Unfortunately, it is very common among students due to an inactive lifestyle and junk food. Students with overweight are the first targets of bullying. That is why students have to start practising yoga postures regularly to get a normal weight and the dream body.
- Level of flexibility – Yoga has a lot of advantages, and body flexibility is one of them. When a student stretches the muscles by practising yoga postures, he releases lactic acid, which prevents stiffness, aches, fatigue, tension, etc that we all experience during busy days. When you stretch your body you increase joint lubrication, as well as stretch the tissues of your body. Besides, a lot of students are involved in sports, having a flexible body will decrease the risk of injury.
- Body and mind strength – Students have to deal with a lot of activities during their studies. That is why the strength of mind and body is essential. You will not only increase the strength of your muscles by practising yoga and meditation regularly, but you will also get calmness of your mind.
- Mind sharpness and concentration – Students who want to increase the level of concentration, as well as to make their mind as sharp as possible, need both meditation and yoga. You will forget about such health problems as high/low blood pressure, asthma, arthritis, and many others.
- The balance between the right/left sides of the brain – Students have to develop their analytical thinking, as well as solve various problems. Usually, students have to do many things at the same time. Yoga adds mindfulness to students. A student can engage in both aspects with a creative mind openness. It will be much easier to filter negative thoughts. Keep the attention to your studies, writing assignments, but not for depressive thoughts.
The practice of yoga and meditation come from India. These practices are of immense importance to students’ well-being. We should be thankful to Indians, who gifted as such deep and sacred knowledge. Hopefully, one day all educational institutions will include yoga and meditation into a program. We must use this knowledge in the right way. Make your personal experiment and share your thoughts with us.