There is an estimated total of 800,00 plants growing on this planet right now and of them 120 are classified as hallucinogenic. There are also at least 144 species of mushroom which contain the psychoactive ingredient psilocybin.
You can additionally find land creatures, sea life, scientists, and bodily secretions which produce psychedelic effects. In this article I’m going to break down what psychedelics can naturally be found on each contentment.
Please note that this is just a general guide to inspire you to research what resonates with you the most. There are many psychedelics that you will not see here because they are synthetic, produced in our own body, can be grown in your home, or I just don’t know of them yet.
This article is designed specifically for those of you foraging for naturally occurring psychedelics on this planet (Earth).
- Flora: Ayahuasca (The B. caapi vine is stripped of its leaves and branches, mulched into a fibre, and brewed in boiling water. Then, leaves of Psychotria Viridis, which are traditionally picked in the morning, are added), Mimosa Tenuiflora, Anadenanthera Peregrina, Anadenanthera Colubrina, Salvia Divinorum, Peyote, San Pedro (Huachuma), Peruvian Torch Cactus, Sananga, Guarana, Datura, Yakoana, Morning Glory, Echinopsis, Mimosa Tenuiflora, Cocoa, Coffee, Tobacco, and Coca to name a few you can start with.
- Fungi: 50 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin, Amanita Muscaria), and an additional 53 species of magic mushrooms in Mexico.
- Fauna: Bufo, Kambo, Smenospongia Aurea, Smenospongia Echina, Verongula Rigida, and Eudistoma Fragum (Sea Squirt).
- Flora: Turnera Diffusa (Damiana), Calea Ternifolia, Morning Glory, Argyreia Nervosa (Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose), Eschscholzia Californica (California Poppy), Datura, Lophophora, Solanaceae, Nutmeg, and Kava.
- Fungi: 22 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin, Amanita Muscaria).
- Fauna: Sonoran Desert Toad.
- Flora: Yellow Horned Poppy, Mandragora Officinarum (Mandrake), Hyoscyamus Niger, Atropa Belladonna, Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy), and Yerba Mate.
- Fungi: 16 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin, Amanita Muscaria).
- Fauna: Fire Salamander, Sarpa Salpa (Sea Bream), and Paramuricea Clavate.
- Flora: Blue Lilly Flower.
- Fungi: 19 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin).
- Fauna: Villogorgia Rubra.
- Flora: Mitragyna Speciosa, Ephedra, Valerian, Areca Catechu, Rauvolfia Serpentina (Indian Snake Root), Atropa Belladonna, Nutmeg, Papaver Somniferum (Opium Poppy), Tea, and Cannabis.
- Fungi: 15 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin, Amanita Muscaria),.
- Fauna: None I know of.
- Flora: Silene Undulata, Argyreia Nervosa (Hawaiian Baby Wood Rose), Tabernanthe Iboga, Areca Catechu, Pausinystalia Johimbe, Sceletium Tortuosum, Atropa Belladonna, Khat, Kola Nut, and Blue Lilly Flower,
- Fungi: 4 species of magic mushrooms (Psilocybin).
- Fauna: Paramuricea Clavate.
Are you currently working with any psychedelics right now? If so, what’s your experience been so far? If not, what psychedelic inspired you to show up here today? Let us know in the comments!
As always, I am sending you much love and positivity on your Elemental Growth journey, Ashley Michaud.
- The Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants: Ethnopharmacology and Its Applications.
- Psilocybin Mushrooms of the World: An Identification Guide.
- Google + Psychedelics Naturally Found in (Current Country).