If you’re reading this article, you probably already love CBD or have even become a fan of hemp flowers. Are you ready to take your CBD experience to the next level? Let’s take a look at CBD kief and the many ways you can use this powerful supplement.
What is CBD Kief?
Those of you who are familiar with hemp flower most likely have noticed the sticky powder that collects at the bottom of your grinder and storage containers. That’s pure CBD kief.
CBD kief is made up of the resin glands of hemp flowers. These mushroom-shaped glands are called trichomes. Hemp plants produce trichomes to attract pollinators and repel pests.
Trichomes contain all of the cannabinoids and terpenes that cannabis and CBD consumers have grown to love. Adding kief to your arsenal will give you the ability to achieve more potent therapeutic effects from your CBD experience.
CBD Kief for Smoking and Vaping
Smoking and vaping provide the quickest means to enjoy CBD kief’s potent effects. There are numerous fun ways to enhance your smoke or vape with CBD kief, including:
- Crowning a bowl: Place a bit of kief on top of your herb to add some extra magic to your smoke.
- Adding CBD kief to a joint: Sprinkle a little kief into a joint or coat the end of a pre roll with honey and roll it into the powder.
- Making moonrocks: Coat a hemp flower nug with CBD kief by dipping it in honey or oil first.
- Vaping CBD kief: Vape CBD kief by making homemade E-juice or adding a small amount to hemp flowers in a dry herb vaporizer.
Cooking Edibles with CBD Kief
You can take CBD kief sublingually by dissolving decarbed kief under the tongue, but it’s a whole lot more fun to make edibles. Before you cook with kief, you’ll need to prepare it through decarboxylation. Once you’ve decarbed your kief, you can use it in a variety of ways, such as:
- Making CBD butter to use in baking
- Infusing cooking oil with CBD kief for salad dressings and cooking
- Creating delicious kief honey
- Brewing CBD tea
Homemade CBD Kief Hash
With a little practice, you can make your own hash from CBD Kief. Use the kief that collects in the bottom of your grinder or kief tray, or buy pure CBD kief from your dispensary.
Making Rosin with CBD Kief
It’s easy to make rosin from CBD kief. All you’ll need is a hair straightener and some parchment paper.
- Place a small amount of kief into a piece of folded paper.
- Press the kief on a lower setting.
- Scrape the rosin into a container, and you’re ready to use it in a dab rig or concentrate vaporizer.
As you can see, there are so many fun and exciting ways to add CBD kief to your healthy lifestyle. Those of you who don’t have the time to collect and process kief from your hemp flowers, can purchase it from reputable vendors such as OrganicCBDNugs.com.