In the last few years, CBD has grown in popularity across the globe because a lot of people have realized the benefits it has to offer to the human body. Also known as for cannabidiol, CBD is one of the naturally reoccurring compounds in the cannabis plant.
CBD plays an all-important role in the body; it helps to improve immune functions, memory, sleep, appetite and gives relief from pain, depression, and anxiety. There are so many CBD oil products sold online in the present days, however, it is vital to opt for a product that won’t get you high. Click to find out more about these products and also read some informative CBD reviews.
How does CBD work?
CBD works by interacting with the endocannabinoid system, which is responsible for regulating vital functions like sleep, appetite, memory, digestion, and immune functions. CBD produces an effect on the body by attaching to certain receptors.
The human body has two receptors, which are called the CB1 receptor and CB2. CB1 receptors are present throughout the body, but more in the brain, CB2 receptor are more common in the immune systems. While CB1 deals with coordination, pain, emotions, mood, thinking, memories, and other functions CB2, on the other hand, deals with inflammations and pains.
Will CBD get you high?
CBD is totally safe for consumption for both humans and pets. Research has shown that it can help treat a variety of health conditions. It won’t get you high CBD is free of tetrahydrocannabinol, which is the ingredient in cannabis that induces psychoactive effects.
In addition, it is impossible to overdose on CBD, unlike pharmaceutical drugs fatally; there are no recorded instances of people who have fatally overdosed the substance. Although it is hard to dose CBD as it is not regulated by the FDA, taking an overdose cannot lead to death. THC & CBD are both from the cannabis plant, but how are they different? Learn more about CBD vs THC and its unique medical benefits that gave rise to its popularity.
What are the benefits of CBD?
CBD offers so many benefits to the human body. Some of which includes:
- Relief from pain: CBD is great natural alternatives for pain relief. It has anti-inflammatory properties that help to reduce pain and chronic inflammation.
- Help people quit smoking: CBD also helps people quit smoking. Research has shown that smokers who used inhalers containing CBD smoked fewer cigarettes and have no further craving for nicotine. CBD also helps to prevent and reduce withdrawal symptoms.
- CBD cures epilepsy: CBD has been approved as a therapy for the treatment of two rare conditions characterized by epilepsy seizures, which are dravet syndromes and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
- Fight cancer: CBD significantly helps to reduce the spread of cancer to other parts of the body and also suppresses the growth of cancerous cells.
- Anxiety disorders: CBD helps a lot in reducing anxiety, depression, and stress disorder in people. CBD also reduces anxiety-related disorder in people with conditions like anxiety disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, and obsessive-compulsive disorder.
- Fight Acne: CBD also helps in fighting acne, which is caused by the inflammation of the sebaceous gland. It reduces the production of sebum that leads to acne.
Finally, CBD offers so many health benefits for all users. You won’t get addicted, and it also won’t get you high. Although there are side effects to overdosing the substance, there are no known cases of CBD leading to death. Read CBD Oil Reviews and discover the benefits of CBD oil.